Sunday, March 31, 2013

e-Commerce Marketing Business - Is it a Scam?



Here is another multi level chain marketing scam, now it is called ‘e-commerce’ business.  Few days back I was introduced to a virtual e-commerce business model by one of my friends. This was really an interesting meeting and I want to share this with you.

So here is what actually happened – one of my friends called me over the weekend to meet as he was coming from Delhi. I thought lets meet this friend of mine as we haven’t seen each other for more than a year now. We decided to meet in CCD. When I reached there, my friend was already there waiting for me and there was another guy who was so called “his senior”. Conversation started by saying Hi-Hello and this “senior guy” asked me about my background like – my qualification, current and past jobs, my family background etc (like I had come for an interview!). Then some emotional tricks like do I trust my friend (who has called me to CCD)?

Actual pitch started by giving me some background about how rich people (like Robert Kiyosaki, Dhirubhai Ambani, Narayana Murthy etc) have made money. Their ability to take risks, thinking differently, believing in “why” and not “how” and showing all the negative things about an “Employee” and by showing how much money I’ll ever make in entire life by doing a 9-5 job!! I’m sure this guy had good presentation skills and whatever he said made sense!

Then he claimed that he’s looking for some business partners for a golden opportunity and I should be part of this without losing any further time. This opportunity will transform me from an Employee to a businessman and I’ll be making up-to 5 crores a year within a span of 3-4 years. Now he asked whether I am interested in this or not! Obviously! Who doesn’t want to earn crores!  Then he explained me the parameters to be eligible for this opportunity and asked me to join this e-commerce business by paying anything within 2-8 lacs. He insisted on paying this money immediately if not 2 then at least by paying 1 lac. Even these guys insisted that I can pay this amount by using my credit card and convert it to EMIs.

Wooh! How can I pay someone 1 lac rupees for an e-commerce business which I don’t know! And this smart guy didn’t even tell me how this system works saying employees asks “How” and businessmen ask “WHY” so come out of employee mentality! I was able to come out of this trap as I really didn’t have money at that point of time.

I have already been a victim of such scam in the past for a company called Quest Net which dealt with numismatic materials instead of ecommerce! What I concluded from my past experience is that – These guys will show you the dream of getting big money (as they have been shown by their seniors). Their seniors left there high paying jobs to get into this MLM business and they own BWM now. They are invited to Malaysia to capture the Malaysian market (sounds crazy!) and I know some of them are true. Beauty of this business is that, once you join this you are left with no other option but to praise this and convince others to join beneath you! :)

My advice to you would be to –
Join this business if you have no other ways of making money. You will be able to make money in this only if you are able to convince others to join this. If you join late and you are the bottom of the chain then you are the looser until you make a chain beneath you to come to the top!

This is not an ethical business model, as those who join in the end will always loose! Be it you or someone beneath you!

15 comments:

  1. Now I know what kind of thing they were talking about , I Had similar experience and was in initial talk and they did talk about the 1-7lac rupees but did not tell exactly what they do in business. Thanks for posting this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abhinna SrivastavaAugust 4, 2013 at 6:14 PM

    Very Useful Information on "E commerce" keep it on.
    Abhinna Srivastava

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See SEO is very important for every site. But we should think about quality of the SEO not the quantity. I have used a search engine marketing company and they are real professionals did it in a very nice. Moreover, they do not spam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent Post.. I've encountered such a scam before

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this. Just 3 days ago I was approached by two old freinds and the script is exactly the same as yours...... thank god iam safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. eCommerce marketing business is really in trend nowadays and becomes the important prospective of businessmen to work well and to improve brand image in market.

    ISDE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same boss...happen wid me ..meeting in a 5 star hotel.. and asking for money for getting partnership in buiness for 10 percent

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi first of all i would like to thank you for this post.
    my perception about ways of earning money are
    In general sources of income are

    1. Selling a product
    2. Providing a service
    3. Getting a commission by using using your knowledge and network(customer get property and commission is based on percentage and price of that property)
    4. Investments(Returns)

    I don't really find anything above in the E-Commerce or any other MLM business

    Another thing i noticed in any mlm is that they choose soft targets who really are either greedy or foolish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Honestly, this post will obviously help a lot of people on what makes up good content and how to structure it for the best result. Best Online Marketing Strategies is help to build eCommerce SEO and improve Ranking. Thank you for the clear and concise information. This is really Amazing
    eCommerce SEO Tips in this Article, Many Great Points it`s really amazing and very helpful for us.

    Thank you so much for Sharing an Informative Article!

    Digital Marketing Strategies
    eCommerce Website Development
    Off Page SEO Checklist
    Link Building Tips
    SEO Optimization Tips
    eCommerce SEO Strategies
    Social Media Marketing Tips
    eCommerce SEO Guide
    eCommerce Marketing Strategies

    ReplyDelete